Featured Post

EXPOSED: Nollywood Live Sex In Festac Club! Unbelievable!!! (+18 DOWNLOAD & PHOTOS)

I actually didn't want to post this clip 'cs of the Adult content and circumstance but due to constant pressure and demand from ...

LATEST MOVIES

Home » » Meet One of The Youngest Movie Producer and Writer of Nollywood - Don Pedro Okafor

Meet One of The Youngest Movie Producer and Writer of Nollywood - Don Pedro Okafor

In our Celebrity Close-Ups this week, we bring to you an online interview with the best and youngest Movie Producer and Writer of Nollywood.  He has produced several blockbuster Movies and worked with Top-shot Movie Stars. With movies like 'Ibu and Sons', 'First Class Maids', 'Executive Maids' coming soon 'Father Abraham'. Follow the interview below to know him better.....

Anchor in (Q):                              NollywoodMakings
Celebrity Appearance:                Mr Don Pedro Okafor
Interview Platform:                     Social Media




Q: Can you tell us a little about your background before getting into the movie scene?

My names are Don Pedro A. K Okafor, people call me De Next Governor of Enugu and am, of course, from Enugu State, Nkanu west, Akpugo precisely. I attended Market road primary school Enugu, after which I proceeded to Government Technical College Enugu. I left the school when I was in J.s.s 2 to Lagos where I attended Hopebay College Okokomaiko Lagos.


Q: As a child, which movie was your favorite, what was your experience watching it and how did it affect you?

Not answered!


Q:  What are your top five movies and why?

» Titanic... Because the story was well told and shot, I love every scene of the movie, it was awesome that I wish I can cook up such story for the world to see too...

» Coming to America... is another wonderful one and best of its kind, I love the movie, I love the artists and locations, the story was well interpreted, both the artists and crew did a wonderful job...

» A million tears... - a Nigerian movie, the story was also cool, its a love story but not like other love stories we've shot in Nollywood, am not really good in watching movies but this caught me that I had to sit down to watch this movie till the very end, I love it when the girl died, not like every other Nigerian movie that has to start with a sad beginning and they live happily ever after, I wasn't expecting the girl to die bcoz I was looking at it like every other Nigeria Movie but the writer proved me wrong when the girl died, it was cool, I love it.

» Disgust... disgust was another great one, where a millionaire have to bring down himself as a common man just to get a good wife, the writer's brain is there, I salute him or her, its not easy to write a story, a good one at that  because I know what it takes to write a story as a writer too, it was awesome,  I love the movie!

» Educated HouseMaids... is another wonderful and great movie too, well written and produced, good locations, good artistes and good director, the director did a good job, so also did the artistes, starting from Francis Odega, MimI Orjiekwe, Paul Sambo, Juliet Mgborukwe, Ella Mensah, Paschaline Alex, Blessing Ofoegbu, Ngozi Echem and many others, they interpreted their roles very well.
At times when I sit back to watch this movie, I couldn't believe it's coming from me bcoz the suspense is there, you will not know where the movie is heading to until you watch the very last scene, anyways, it's not my making but thanks to God, the giver of my inspirations


Q: What was your first movie making experience and how did it change your life?

My first movie making experience was when I produced the movie titled "Ibu and Sons" I shot it in my home town, Enugu State, I must confess, it was very challenging as a first timer, starting from the writing of the story, to the distribution of script to the artistes and it became more challenging when I went on set, to coordinate the artistes is not easy at all, especially the stars. The costumier also really disappointed me that I turned into an emergency costumier. My Location Manager also did his own and it even got to a stage that my cameraman had to cease the camera bcoz I was owing him a day payment and what was more annoying was that I pleaded with this guy to hold on for 30 minutes that am going to the bank to pay his money, he agreed but immediate I left the set to the bank to make some withdraw to pay him, I received a call from the set that the camera boy ceased the camera and stops them from shooting. It was really not easy for me but thank God that the movies came into the market and made name for itself.


Q: Do you believe your geographical location, e.g. Lagos, can have impact on your film making or script writing?

Not really, it does not bcoz I don't write base on what is happening, I drive my inspirations from God and at times I begin to imagine some kind of things happening. That's what makes my story lines different. As i imagine i start putting it into writing, that's what makes my stories different bcoz a lot of our writers today write base on what is happening around us and that what makes us see a lot of movies with similar story lines in the market today.


Q: Do you like screening of your works by others?

Yes of course, with collective ideas, it will bring out the best in the work.


Q: Do you have any theme behind your works? Or is there any kind of question you are always answering with your works?

Its not possible for all my movies to have one message or one theme behind them, they all have their different messages and impacts to make in their own ways.


Q:  What's been your largest project so far? OR are we expecting a 'mind-blower' soon?

Yes, my largest project is yet to come, I'm writing on a mind blowing movie, the story is very wonderful, an interesting one, I have been indoor for several weeks trying to bring out the best from the story which I will be producing or filming anytime next month and its going to be the very best of its kind.


Q: Writing, Producing and Directing; which do you prefer?

Yes, any Writer can make a good Director bcoz he's the only one who really has the real picture of the story, I wanted to go into directing but my godfather stopped me, he said I should not combine producing with directing, so I decided to drop directing for producing and I'm enjoying my office as a Producer/Executive Producer.


Q: Robert Rodriguez, a Producer and Director, once said “Low budgets force you to be more creative. Sometimes, with too much money, time and equipment, you can over-think. My way, you can use your gut instinct.” How does this apply to your film making experiences?  How does working within tight restrictions (time, money and talent) force you to be more creative?

I don't really agree with that! I don't really agree with him, this work "film making" requires money, time and talent to go well, without this three things, film making is not worth doing.


Q:  When last the last time you ate roasted plantain (boli) and groundnut?

Hmmm! It's been long, I can't really remember. Bu t I love eating it!


Q: Do you believe females have more opportunities to rise in the movie industry than their male counterparts and why?

There are more of the female roles than male. You can see a movie where they have 3 males and 7 females just like in my movie Educated Housemaids.

Q: Who and what should we be expecting in your next project?

Clement Ohamaeze, Ngozi Ezeonu, Bishop imoh, Mimi Orjiekwe, Sylvester Madu and many more that I can't really mention. Expect an action movie.


#NollywoodMakings - Thank you very much Mr Governor for your time and patience with us. We hope you will answer us when next we call?!

Mr Pedro: Yes, of course! Thank you too for having me and you people should keep up with what you are doing. I am very sure the world is watching and soon, it will turn out great!

#NollywoodMakings: Thank you Sir!



NollywoodMakings: ...get your celebrity close-ups and views here to know them more!


Share this article :

+ comments + 1 comments

Anonymous
October 22, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Wonderful Guy! So he did that sexy movie Maids series. Nice one!

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by nollywoodmakings.com

Post a Comment